LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Your Life
- Read Matthew 9:36. Jesus summed up the crowds of people in his day with the words “harassed and helpless.” What words would you use to describe the “crowds” today?
- What experience do you have with intentional discipleship? Have you ever been discipled by someone? Have you ever discipled someone? Share about it.
- Read Matthew 10:1. How would you feel if you were one of the disciples in that setting?
- Why don’t we see more of Matthew 10:1 ministry today? Should we?
- Of the 3 sub-points or categories of point 4, which best describes where you are at these days?
- Close your group by praying for each other based upon how each of you shared in question
1. Jesus’ solution for people’s needs: disciples
a. The need for more, true disciples
b. The need for discipleship
2. Our version of Jesus’ solution: Dyscipleship
3. Biblical understanding of Discipleship
a. Discipleship is a relationship
b. Discipleship is a process
c. Discipleship has a clear goal
Discipleship is the process of becoming like Christ and helping others become like Christ.
- Disciple is a noun: be a disciple
- Disciple is a verb: make disciples
4. Making disciples starts with being a disciple
a. Come to Jesus
repent, believe, follow
b. Trained by Jesus
watching, learning, apprenticing
c. Becoming like Jesus
developing a shepherd heart
seeing, feeling, loving, helping
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People