LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Your Life
1. At the beginning of the sermon, we were asked to choose between 5 pairs of words that describe American society in 2018. Which pair did you choose? Why?
a. Successful and happy
b. Stressed and scattered
c. Cautious and worried
d. Carefree and content
e. Frustrated and angry
2. Does it feel to you that more people are feeling stressed, worried, frustrated and angry today than in previous years? Explain your answer.
3. Many people work hard to make it seem like they are “doing fine” instead of looking harassed and helpless or stressed and scattered. What can we do to get past that veneer?
4. We all feel stress from time to time. When you are feeling stressed, what kinds of things in your life typically contribute to those feelings? What is your default way to handle that stress?
5. Read Matthew 11:28-30. What does “my yoke is easy and my burden is light” mean? Does Matthew 23:1-4 help?
6. In Matthew 11:29, Jesus says “learn from me.” What do you think that means and what are you learning from Jesus these days?
DISCIPLE: The Need for Discipleship
Matthew 9:36-38 and 11:28-30
1. Jesus sees the needs of people as they really are
2. Jesus sends the kind of people who can help
- People who have come to Jesus
- People who are following Jesus
- People who have been helped by Jesus
- People who have been trained by Jesus
- People who are disciples of Jesus
3. Jesus helps us see our need for discipleship
- We will find peace and joy when we practice discipleship
- We will feel stressed and unsettled when we skip discipleship
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People