LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- The disciples were normal guys: fishermen, a tax collector, etc. How were they able to respond to the call of God on their lives? We’re just normal people…how can we take action like they did?
- Is pretending to be a Christian prevalent in our society and culture today? Why do so many people say that they go to church, but really lack all of the spiritual power to grow and flourish in Christ?
- Each of us need a catalyst to push us toward change…what has been a catalyst of change in your relationship with Jesus in the past? For example, how does God use pain, circumstances, weakness, and sin to drive us into deeper and deeper surrender?
- Which of the “shifts” captured your attention most? Why?
- Has God been leading you towards a shift in the last year? Are there “hills to conquer” that you have been hesitating to run after? Are there clear directions from God that you haven’t been following? What has God been trying to tell you, but you haven’t been listening?
- How do you create the margin in your life to listen and follow Jesus?
DISCIPLE: The Need for Discipleship
If you have ever felt a hunger to experience more of God’s power, see more impact or grow more to become like Christ, you may be ready for a Discipleshift.
Discipleshift in our personal lives
- From watching ministry to doing ministry
- From being saved to being sent
- From the crowd to the committed
- From getting fed to getting trained
- From receiving to giving
Discipleshift in the life of our church
- From going to church to being the church
- From reaching people to making disciples
- From programs to discipleship
- From activity to relationship
- From fear to faith
Jesus’ invitation to follow Him will require repeated “shifts” throughout our life.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered