LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. If you had been a part of the crowds mentioned through the Gospels that followed Jesus, what would have most attracted you into following him:
a. His teaching
b. His healings
c. His conflict with the religious establishment
d. The crowds
e. The rumors
2. Read John 6:60-67, noticing especially v. 67. Since “tone of voice” is so much a part of communication, what do you think was Jesus’ tone of voice in v. 67? Why?
3. In the sermon, we talked about at least six different kinds of followers of Jesus (the 5 under point 1 and the “whatever, forever” kind of followers that summarized point 2). Which one of those kinds of followers best describes you?
4. As you think back over your relationship with Jesus, was there a time in your life where you WERE one kind of follower, but stepped out of that into a “whatever, forever” commitment? What were the circumstances that brought that about?
5. Which of the “3 difficulties” has hindered you most from following closely to Jesus?
6. How could your LifeGroup help you “step through” those difficulties?
DISCIPLE: The Call to Discipleship
“Follow” (Part 3)
There are many different kinds of followers of Jesus; what kind are you?
1. Stepping out of the crowd
- Fad followers
- Pushy followers
- Religious followers
- Someday followers
- Conditional followers
2. Stepping into commitment
- “No matter what” followers
- “No turning back” followers
3. Stepping through the difficulties
Jesus is calling you to a “whatever, forever” commitment that will call you through whatever difficulties come your way. How will you respond?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God