LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Name/describe an advertisement that effectively creates discontent.
- What was the last thing you bought that you really didn’t need?
- What are you drawn to when you feel empty inside? Are you more inclined to want more possessions or better circumstances?
- We looked at four ways that we learn contentment. Which one best describes what God has taught you? Which one are you still learning/need to learn?
- On a scale of 1-10 between discontentment and contentment, where would you place yourself?
- What could you give away to break the power of greed in your life and demonstrate that God is all you need?
Freedom: Discovering Your Identity in Christ
Hebrews 13:5 & Philippians 4:11-13
The truth sets us free from the bondage of lies.
Lie: Contentment is purchased.
Lie: Money will give me freedom.
Lie: Money will give me security.
Lie: Money will give me significance.
Lie: Money will give me happiness.
Truth: Contentment is learned.
We learn through difficulty that God is working.
We learn through need that God is faithful.
We learn through plenty that God is providing.
We learn through experience that God is enough.
Contentment is found in a trusting dependence on God.
“Lord, I am content in You. Whatever comes my way, I will trust You.”
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered