Life group questions: Applying the teaching to our lives.
- Following Jesus isn’t “pick and choose”. Following Jesus is “yes or no”. What are some teachings of Jesus you struggle to accept and why?
- Has loving people, like Jesus, brought about hate in your life? Explain to the group what happened.
- As a group review the Christ acronym. Discuss how each attribute helps us handle the hate that comes as we go and make disciples.
- There is a popular phrase that says “the safest place is in the center of God’s will”. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.
- We should be people that love the name of Jesus. As you become a disciple how, specifically, have you seen power in his name?
“I hate when I can’t remember”
Jesus wants us to remember
What he said and what he did
Jesus went first
He is with us in our pain
He is with us in our rejection
We’re hated because:
Jesus chose us
Jesus gave us his name
Becoming like Jesus isn’t “pick and choose”
Becoming like Jesus is yes or no.
We remember when we remain
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: (All) C.H.R.I.S.T / Loving God, Loving People, Living Surrendered