LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What’s the most courageous act you have ever witnessed or participated in?
2. Read Acts 4:13 as a group. Why was the courage of Peter and John so astonishing?
3. Has spending time with Jesus made you more courageous and confident? Why or why not?
4. Compassion for others (even strangers) is a direct result of spending time with Jesus. How have you shown compassion recently?
5. Who do you know who has a contagious passion for Jesus? How have you seen this displayed in their life?
6. Do you have a specific place where you meet with Jesus each day? If not, where could it be?
7. If you had to pick one of the four characteristics we saw in Acts 4 that you want to be stronger in your life, which would it be: Courage, Confidence, Compassion, or Contagious witness? Over the next month, focus on that in your daily prayer time asking God to develop that characteristic in your life. Close the LifeGroup meeting today by praying for each other and the characteristic each one chose to be developed in their life.
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Spending Time with Jesus
“Being With Jesus”
Being with Jesus helps you be like Jesus.
Being with Jesus helps you be Courageous
The presence of the Holy Spirit within you is stronger than any pressure you will face against you.
Being with Jesus helps you be Confident
Knowing who you are in Christ is the source of true confidence.
Being with Jesus helps you be Compassionate
Christlike compassion causes us to move and act with love.
Being with Jesus helps you be Contagious
Jesus does extraordinary things through ordinary people who are willing to spend time with Him.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People