LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Of the 5 things that we talked about in the sermon that God uses to make us more like Christ, which one is the easiest for you to recognize God is using? Which one is the hardest to recognize?
- Point 3 says that the Holy Spirit uses Strategic Relationships (family, friends and authority figures) to help us become more like Christ. Name a few of those people in your life who have been the most strategic, most influential relationships.
- Briefly describe a situation in your life that was difficult, but the Spirit used it to deepen maturity in you. What did you learn?
- Do you see the people in your life right now as a gift from God to help you grow and change to become more like Christ? Explain your answer.
- Is there anyone in your life that you do not see as a gift from God to help you change? Why?
- At the end of his sermon, Pastor Jim challenged everyone to pray “Lord, whatever comes my way, I will trust you.” Do you find that hard to do? Do you find yourself trying to control things to make them work out the way you want?
- How does the fact that God is both Sovereign and Loving impact how you trust Him?
DISCIPLE: The Way of Discipleship
“Become: How we grow to become more like Christ”
The Holy Spirit uses five main things to help us become more like Christ:
- Situations in Life a. Suffering b. Stress c. Temptation
- Reveals God to us
- Shapes and trains our thinking
- Equips us to live a godly life
- Teaches us Christ’s character
- Strategic Relationships a. Family b. Friends
c. Authority figures
- As a part of the body of Christ
- As a lifestyle
- Trusting in our Loving God
- Relinquishing control to our Sovereign God
God is shaping our lives in His Sovereign Love by the power of His Holy Spirit.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered