Actions Speak Louder
“Strengthen Your Love”
1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
As we follow Jesus together, what should our love look like?
- Love for brothers and sisters (9a)
- Love that dies to self (9b) = God-taught
- Love that flows naturally (10a)
- Love that increases without end (10b)
- Love on display (11-12)
- Chooses obscurity
- Stays focused
- Keeps hands productive
- Gets the attention of outsiders earning respect
- Dependence → interdependence → independence
Strong love is a result of strong Presence = God with us!
Core CHRIST-like Characteristics: Connected to God through the Word and prayer, Relates with other-centered love, Living Surrendered
- Begin Life Group with prayer—invite the Holy Spirit to speak and move among you.
- Describe a time in your walk with Jesus when it was difficult to love others?
What have you learned looking back on that?
- What makes loving so much less when we learn it from man?
- What changes when love is God taught?
How does His love transcend anything we attempt as love?
- What describes my example as a Jesus follower and lover of others?
- At rest or restless
- Focussed or floundering
- Productive or obstructive
- Respected or disregarded
- How can you grow in making dependence on God priority one?
- Share ideas with one another and pray for each other to become more dependent on each other out of a total dependence on God so the world would be attracted to your freedom and independence in Christ!