Online giving is a safe and easy way to faithfully give back a portion of what God has given you and support the ministries of Church of the Open Door. Through Open Door Connect (a secure account within our website), you can faithfully give and support the church by making one-time contributions or establishing a recurring contribution online.
Three Simple Steps to Online Giving:
- Sign-in or create an Open Door Connect account and receive your user name and password.
- Once signed in, click the “Give” tab and provide bank or credit card information.
- Choose the amount, frequency (one-time or recurring) and designation (general ministry, missions, etc.) for your gift.
ONE-TIME GIFT – You may give immediately to Church of the Open Door through your Bank or Credit Card through a secure online giving page.
REPEATING GIFT – You can give to Church of the Open Door on a consistent schedule through your Bank or Credit Card.
Benefits of Online Giving
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and the church.
- First Fruits – In Proverbs 3:9 we are taught to honor the Lord with the “First Fruits” of our labor. By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify you can ensure that your First Fruits are given back to God.
- Simplicity – You will not need to remember if you gave this month or send in your offering checks when you are out of town.
- Security – Online giving is more secure than giving with a check in that an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- No Distractions – Instead of needing to worry about writing your tithe check during the service, you can be fully engaged with the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Open Door – It is more cost effective for the church to process online contributions. In addition, it also simplifies the financial records the church needs to keep.
Have Questions? See FAQs below (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Is it safe to give online?
Yes. In many ways giving online is safer than writing a check because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen. The security of the Open Door Connect is continually managed by our information management partner, Church Community Builder and Blue Pay.
Q: What types of bank accounts can I give from?
You can give online from your checking account, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.
Q: Are there any fees involved with giving online?
Not to you. You will not pay any fees with an online gift. In addition, online gifts are a more cost efficient way for the church to process donations.
Q: Can I make a one-time contribution with out creating an Open Door Connect account?
Yes. For a one-time contribution you can go to our public giving page.
Q: If I want to set-up a recurring gift, what are my options for frequency of my gift?
For recurring gifts, you have the option of giving weekly, twice a month, every two weeks or once a month.
Q: Can I change my personal information or the amount or the frequency of my gift once I have set it up?
Yes. You can change or cancel your contribution at any time before the date of your next contribution. Simply log in to the system using your user name and password and make the necessary changes in the system.
Q: Can I review my donation history online?
Yes. The site will allow you to view the complete history of your contributions, given either online or otherwise. Once you’ve created an account, you will able to contribute immediately. However, for security purposes, before you can see any past contributions, we must manually connect your online account with your previous information.
Q: Will I still receive regular contribution statements from the church?
Yes. The church will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for tax purposes.
Q: When will contributions be taken from my account?
Contributions will be taken from your specified bank account within 48 business hours of the date you requested. This time frame allows time for the contribution to process through your bank and the church’s bank. If the date of your contribution falls on a weekend or a holiday, the transaction will be initiated on the next banking day.
Q: Can I designate my gift to a particular cause?
Yes, you can designate your gift to go toward any one of the funds including the 90-Day Tithe Challenge.
Q: How will I know that I set up my gift correctly?
Immediately after submitting your contribution, you will receive an e-mail verifying your contribution.
Q: Does it matter which Internet browser I use?
No. Any browser will work.
Q: I have additional questions about online giving that have not been addressed. Who can I talk to?
For any questions, concerns or comments about the online giving system, please contact us at email@example.com
You will receive a response from our staff as soon as possible.
Q: What types of bank accounts can I give from?
You can give online from your bank account via an ACH transaction. You can also give using MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.
Q. Can I use a debit card?
You can use a debit check card from Visa or MasterCard, but true debit cards are not accepted through the Fellowship One system due to the sensitivity of securely requesting a Personal Identification Number (PIN). ACH bank drafts can be used instead for true debits.
The first step for online giving at Open Door is to create your account. This is a one time secure setup that will allow you to give one time gifts, recurring gifts, access your giving records, and more.
Don’t want to create a Open Door Connect account? You can still give electronically through Automatic Clearing House (ACH)
Automatic Clearing House (ACH) giving allows you to have any amount you specify transferred directly to the church’s bank account without you ever having to write a check. As with checks, these withdrawals would show on your personal banking statements and would be credited for tax purposes just like contributions given through the offerings during Sunday services.
Many banks can support Online Giving through recurring payments or bill pay scheduling.
- Go online with your Bank’s BillPay website
- Set-up Church of the Open Door as a “Payee”
- Have your payments automatically mailed on your behalf to:
Church of the Open Door
Attn: Kay Simington
43275 Telegraph Rd.
Elyria, Ohio 44035