As local Health & Safety conditions have continued to change due to the Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus, the leadership at Church of the Open Door has updated our own Health & Safety plans and guidelines.
The core principle of our plan is to love like Jesus.
We ask every member and guest of our church to seek to act in a manner that shows love toward others as a reflection of Christ’s call for us to love one another and which helps maintain the unity of the Body of Christ.
Based on that principle, we are taking the following actions:
- We are providing the Health & Safety recommendations provided by primary National, State, and Local organizations about how this virus spreads and how to prevent the spread to others:
- We encourage each attendee to choose their response to those recommendations about vaccinations, masks, social distancing, quarantines, etc.
- We encourage behavior that is loving toward others but will NOT mandate any health-related behavior or documentation.
- We are NOT currently setting any limitations on church or group attendance or gathering sizes.
- We will continue to clean our campuses regularly and provide a clean, sanitary environment.
- If we discover a COVID presence at Church of the Open Door, we will use contact tracing to identify any potentially exposed individuals and notify them privately as recommended by the same above-mentioned health authority recommendations.
We Choose Love and Unity
We realize that people have diverse opinions about how to respond to this pandemic. But as a Body of Christ, placing our full trust in God, we are called to choose love and unity, acknowledging the presence of diverse opinions. We must love each other well and set aside divisive thoughts, judgments, preconceptions, the need to be “right,” and choose unity together because anything else is potentially damaging to the church and the image of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our prayer and expectation is for the church to be loving and respectful toward each other and to continually put our trust in God.
Over the last 18 months, we have endured one of the most challenging times in recent history. Throughout the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as the church, we have all navigated changing understanding, perceptions, emotions, and decisions to continue our Mission of Leading People in the Adventure of Becoming Like Christ, love and minister well, and respect those authorities and experts placed in our lives.
As conditions have changed, church leadership has prayed about how we should respond, reviewed the recommendations of National, State, and Local health organizations, and considered various response options. Currently, there are no federal, state, or local mandates or directives, nor any health emergency directives that dictate how we should conduct church or ministry. We need to unite in love toward a sustainable and normalized manner of achieving that mission.
We welcome anyone who wants to reach out to us so that we may serve you better in that decision. We want to work with you and continue to Lead People in the Adventure of Becoming Like Christ.