LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Read verse 10. Who are some of the people who have been like a “Paul” to you, teaching and modeling the Word of God?
- In the first part of this passage, Paul details how Timothy has followed Paul’s “teaching, way of life, purpose, faith…” If you were to write a list of what your ‘followers’ have imitated in you, what would that be?
- The ESV translates verse 10 “you have followed…” using a word that refers to discipleship. We have been learning a lot about discipleship in recent months. What progress have you made in either being discipled or discipling others?
- Point 3 (drawn from verse 14) says “Continue in what you’ve learned in the Word of God.” How are you doing with this? Share something with your LifeGroup that you have learned through your reading, studying and living out the Word of God.
- Paul says in verse 11 that in all his trials, the Lord rescued him. How has the Lord rescued you in the challenges of your life?
- In verse 12 Paul says “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” How does this verse apply to you and I today?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer
How to Use the Bible
“When You Feel Like Giving Up”
2 Timothy 3:10-15
In difficult times when you are tempted to give up:
1. Remember what you’ve been taught from the Word of God
From pastors, leaders and disciplers
2. Remember people who’ve been shaped by the Word of God
God designed the role of modeling in learning the faith.
Discipleship relationships are essential for Christian growth.
3. Continue in what you’ve learned in the Word of God
Keep reading the Bible
Keep meditating on the Bible
Keep studying the Bible
Keep living the Bible
4. Continue drawing on the power of the Word of God
To give you wisdom
To strengthen you
To equip you
Use the Word of God to shape your life and you will have the power of God in your life.