LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Currently what is causing the most stress, anxiety, or fear in your life?
- When you unravel that string and get to the root, what is the reason (root cause) for the stress, fear, or anxiety?
- In answering the question “what are you standing on?” which one of the four options do you lean/gravitate toward?
- During times of storms and stress what idols are you most tempted to run to?
- What situations in your life right now do you need to hang on the Rope of Hope?
What Are You Standing On?
John 16:1-6, 33
You Can Have Unshakable peace amidst unbelievable stress.
Jesus is a “realist.” He reminds us we will have trouble in life.
- Trouble produces stress.
- Stress breeds anxiety.
- Anxiety fosters fears.
Today: Exploring the tie-in between peace and hope
(Romans 15:13; I Tim. 6:17; Ps 62:1-2; Ps 16:8 – 9; Is 40: 31; Hebrews 10:23)
What are you standing on?
Trusting in any false hope will leave us weary, worn-out, discouraged, disappointed, and depressed.
Where we run to in times of storms or times of stress reveal our “idols.”
The Rope of Hope (I Peter 1:3-6)
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God