1. Tell your group about an unexpected rejection in your life.
2. Why do bad things happen to good people? And good things happen to bad people?
3. What is your typical knee jerk reaction when you experience rejection?
4. Using either your answer to question 1 above or another rejection, tell your group how God has used that rejection to provide direction and guidance in your life.
5. Can we assume that if God is with us everyone will be favorable toward us?
6. Each of the truths under sermon point 2 requires a different level of trust in God. Which one is hardest for you and why?
7. What current situations do you most need God to “be with you”?
1. When you go through unexpected rejection:
from those you have loved
(the shock of betrayal)
from those you have served
(the disappointment of broken trust)
from those you have helped
(the hurt of being forgotten)
2. Use it to grow deeper and stronger as you trust that:
God is with you.
God is working in you.
God is working for you.
God is working through you.
Life’s unexpected rejections become God’s unexpected direction as we trust Him.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God