LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Tell your group how God has used an unexpected crisis to get your attention.
2. Are you willing to wait, even many years, for God to unexpectedly use painful situations for His purposes?
3. Since you know that God works in unexpected circumstances, what are specific ways that you can be open to what He is doing?
4. Are you ever like Reuben, who was quick to be repentant for his actions? (42:22ff.) Do you ever feel like you need to be the conscience for your group of friends?
5. The brothers expected retribution (45:3), but they received grace. When has that occurred in your life?
6. Read Gen. 45:8. How could Joseph react the way he did in this verse? After all that his brothers did, what happened to Joseph that allowed him to see God in the midst of his pain? Has anything like that ever happened to you?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
God uses the unexpected to change our lives.
God uses Unexpected Crises to get our attention
God uses Unexpected Conviction to get us to listen
God uses Unexpected Grace to fulfill His purposes
God uses unexpected ways to show His amazing grace.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People