LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What do you think most Christians would say is the purpose of marriage?
2. If you’re married, how has marriage changed you?
3. Why does it seem like the people closest to us (like spouses) are the ones that challenge us the most?
4. How does viewing marriage as “a primary way to glorify God” change how we approach marriage?
5. If we are supposed to “do whatever Jesus tells us”, what is Jesus telling you to “do” in your marriage?
6. How is your marriage right now: great, improving, okay, struggling, discouraging, dying? Which of the 7 sermon points might best help you to glorify God in the current state of your marriage?
7. Close your time by praying for your marriage, the marriages in your LifeGroup and in our church.
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
“Transformed through Marriage”
Jesus transforms us by using marriage to:
1. Make us more like Christ.
2. Challenge how well we love.
3. Expose how sinful we are.
4. Show us the power of forgiveness.
5. Teach us what God is like.
6. Give us opportunities to serve.
7. Develop our prayer life.
God has designed marriage as one of his favorite ways for us to glorify Him.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People