LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What words describe your feelings when thinking of a time where light finally entered a dark area that you had been in for a long time? Do those words describe your relationship with Christ? Why or why not?
- Do you focus more on the condition of sin or the conduct of sin? Why does that matter?
- What are some tangible ways you can display your acceptance of God’s invitation to join Him in being the light of the world?
- Read Psalms 19:14. What is an area of your life where you would like to see consistency between your purpose as a follower of Christ and your actions?
- What are some ways you can cultivate a passion for pursuing people with the Gospel?
- Pastor Jim shared last week, “Revelation is always an invitation to intimacy.” What next step of deeper intimacy with God is Jesus inviting you into?
When Jesus Says I Am
“The Light of the World”
Revelation is always an invitation to intimacy.
When Jesus Says I Am the Light of the World…
1. He reveals His purpose. (v1-5)
a. His purpose reveals our condition. (v1-3)
b. His purpose reveals an invitation. (v3-5)
2. He reveals His power. (v6-37)
a. His power reveals connection. (v3,17)
b. His power reveals consistency. (v35-37)
3. He reveals His pursuit of people. (v1, 35-41)
a. His pursuit is passionate. (v1, 35)
b. His pursuit brings presence. (v37)
c. His pursuit calls for a response. (v35-41)
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People