LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Make a list of what you love and then talk about how those are different kinds of love.
2. Which one of the pairs of the “what” of God’s love is most meaningful to you? Why?
3. Have you ever thought God was wasting His love on a person (maybe a particularly “bad” person)?
3. Most of us tend to drift towards one extreme or the other: either we tend to take God’s love for granted or have a hard time accepting and really believing that He loves us that much. Which one do you tend to drift towards? Why do you think that is?
4. How does thinking about God’s love as holy and fierce apply to God’s parental, protective love for his children?
5. Tell your group of a time where God’s unconditional and extravagant love surprised and overwhelmed you.
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Christmas is the story of how God “so loved.”
The “what” of God’s love:
God’s love is holy and fierce.
God’s love is unfailing and everlasting.
God’s love is extravagant and unconditional.
God’s love creates value and significance.
The “who” God loves:
God loves people.
God loves you.
God loves everyone.
The “way” God loves:
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People