LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
1. What is one place or thing you have never seen before (e.g., Grand Canyon, Australia) that you would like to see?
2. Take a minute and list some things, as a group, which you believe exist that you’ve never actually seen. Why are we so confident they are real?
3. What does Easter mean to you? How would you explain it to someone who has never heard the true story? What ‘evidence’ would you use?
4. Read Romans 8:11 out loud. How has this truth impacted your life as a follower of Jesus?
5. In verse 11 Apostle Paul states the Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead “will also give life to your mortal bodies.” What does this mean to you?
6. Honestly, do you believe this same power is alive and active in your life? What are one or two areas or situations you need the Spirit’s radical life-changing power today?
7. Pray for one another to truly believe and act on the amazing truth that the Holy Spirit lives in us!
“Seeing the Story of the Resurrection”
1. Seeing the Problems of the Resurrection
a. No one believed the resurrection at first
b. No one saw the resurrection themselves
2. Seeing the Power of the Resurrection
a. Do you believe God raised Jesus from the dead?
b. Where there’s breath, there’s life.
c. Have you received the Gift of the Holy Spirit?
3. Seeing the Promise of the Resurrection
a. By His Spirit we will live
b. By His Spirit we can love
We see the resurrection when we see the work of the Holy Spirit in our life and other’s lives.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered