LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Give a non-religious example from everyday life of how we exercise faith.
2. Read 2 Cor. 5:7 & Rom. 4:20. What are things we “see” that make us waver in faith?
3. “Faith only grows when it’s challenged.” Do you believe this? Why or why not?
4. Read Luke 7:1-10. What is the centurion’s point in v. 8? How do you respond to authority? How does this manifest in your walk with Jesus?
5. Review the 5 Stages of Faith. Which one are you in right now? Explain.
6. Which of the 5 “Focus” statements (from each Stage) best describes you?
7. What is a step God is asking you to take to trust him more?
20/20 Vision: Seeing and Reaching the Lost
2 Corinthians 5:7
We only mature as we grow in faith and faith only grows when it’s challenged.
Stages of Trusting God
Stage 1: Basic Faith (Hebrews 11:6)
Believes that God exists.
May or may not have a saving relationship with God.
Focus is on what we receive from God.
Stage 2: Weak Faith (Romans 14:1)
Trusts God for small matters, but prefers things easy, safe and predictable.
Focus is on comfort.
Stage 3: Little Faith (Matthew 14:31, 17:20)
Shrinks back when God challenges because seems impossible to believe.
Focus is on circumstances or obstacles.
Stage 4: Strong Faith (Rom. 4:20)
Trusting God for what seems impossible.
Focus is on what God can do.
Stage 5: Mature Faith (James 1:3-4)
May experience delay or difficulty, but still trusts God to provide.
Perseveres, trusting God no matter what happens.
Focus is on God.
The key to growing in faith is focusing on God.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered