LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Who in your life is an example of being ‘committed’? Describe their commitment.
2. How does making and keeping commitments to God help us grow spiritually?
3. How have you grown spiritually over the last 7 weeks as you have sought God for what sacrificial giving looks like for you?
4. How has prayer and obedience worked together in your commitment to follow Jesus? Be specific.
5. What are you expecting God to do as we move forward with the 20/20 vision?
6. Read Matt. 6:1-14. The Jews thought that giving to the poor and praying earned special favor with God and made them better than others. Does this mean we should never give or pray in public? Have you ever done something “spiritual” just to be seen by others? How do we reconcile this with being publicly committed to Jesus in things like baptism, giving our testimony or making a public commitment to the 20/20 vision?
7. Read Ezekiel 36:26-27, Psalm 105:8, 1 John 1:9 as just a few examples of God’s many covenant promises to us. How does God’s commitment to us humble you and make you want to keep your commitments to Him?
20/20 Vision: Seeing and Reaching the Lost
Luke 23:46, Psalm 31:5; 37:5
Your spiritual growth journey will be determined by your commitments.
When we “commit” to God, it is:
Entrusting something to God.
Making a promise to God.
When God challenges us to “commit,” He calls us to make our commitment:
Willingly and Voluntarily
Publicly and Prayerfully
Obediently and Expectantly
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered