LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Stop for a minute and think of all the road blocks to prayer…now remember Christ and open with prayers of gratitude. How does praying in gratitude re-center your perspective?
2. How has the Ignite Prayer Movement helped to give you a passion for prayer? What specific steps have you taken to be more devoted to prayer?
3. What is your biggest road block to seeing what God is doing around you? How could you step out of your comfort zone in this area? How could your LifeGroup live out this adventure?
4. Most likely you will be seizing this opportunity within your natural spheres of influence… what are your spheres? How is God already working in them? Where do you need to be most alert?
5. Compare this passage with similar Pauline language in Ephesians 6:18-20. What are some similarities and differences between the two passages?
6. How would you explain the good news of Jesus? Challenge each other to explain the gospel in 1 minute starting with the leader (yes, you’re being put on the spot. If you need some ideas go to opendoor.tv/connect/connect-with-God)
7. Pray with “eyes wide open” this week for an opportunity to share the good news of Jesus with someone.
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Praying with Eyes Wide Open
1. Diligently pray
2. Diligently pray with eyes open
3. Diligently pray with eyes open, for open doors
4. Diligently pray with eyes open, for open doors, to share Christ clearly.
Praying with eyes wide open allows you to see where God is working so you can join with Him.
Core Christlike Characteristic: Intentional evangelism and Connect with God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God, Loving People