LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Have you ever had a full day of Sabbath rest where you did no work and just rested?
- If not, does this sound like something you would want? If you have, share with the group your Sabbath experience
- Which of the 4 reasons mentioned for honoring the Sabbath resonated with you the best? Why?
- If you had to take one thing or activity off of your plate today to make room for a true, weekly Sabbath rest, what would it be?
Living Wisely and Well
Practicing Sabbath Rest
We Are Not Slaves to The Law
- The Jewish law contained 613 laws
- Jesus came to fulfill the law, not abolish it
- The Law was meant to show us how depraved mankind is, and how Holy God is
- You don’t have to rest, you’re invited to rest
4 Reasons You Should Honor the Sabbath
- It’s a free gift
- Your family needs a break
- It will help you move God out of the friend-zone
- God wants to teach you something