LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- What brings you peace during Christmastime? What do you enjoy the most about it?
- Would those around you (at work and home) describe you as a person of peace? Why or why not?
- Can you recall something you asked God for that you are now thankful he did not give to you?
- How has suffering in your life (current or past) challenged your view of God’s peace? What have you learned?
- Jesus suffered to bring us peace with God. How have you suffered to bring peace to the world around you?
- What change is God asking you to make today to bring peace to yourself and BE peace out to others?
Light of the World
John 8:12 & Luke 2:8-20
Christmas is the story of God’s light bringing peace on earth
Peace of God is for followers of Jesus.
The Peace of God is not:
- God giving us what we want
- God’s removal of all pain and suffering
- God changing other people
The Peace of God is:
- God giving us what we need
- God’s redemption of man through Jesus pain and suffering
- God’s grace changing us
We find the peace OF God when we experience peace WITH God.
God allows his peace in for us to be peace out.
Core Christ-like characteristic: Relates with other centered love/loving people.