LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Who has been a person in your life that has modeled well grace and truth?
2. Have you ever had a teacher that seemed so harsh in the beginning, but ended up being one of your favorite teachers once you realized how much balance of truth and grace was present?
3. What is your first reaction when someone tries to speak truth to you?
4. What is your first reaction when someone tries to speak grace to you?
5. Are there people that you need to go to today and speak to about some conflict or situation that arose? Instead of harboring bitterness toward them, how could you go to that person with both grace and truth?
6. Think about your neighbors. Do you need to build a relationship more before you have the right to speak into their life?
7. Pray for your neighbors. Ask God to open their hearts to be receptive to your invitation to Bring Sunday, September 27.
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Like a Good Neighbor
“Neighboring with Grace and Truth”
1. Receiving Grace and Truth from Our Savior
We need the fullness of God’s grace to be able to respond to the fullness of God’s truth.
2. Giving Grace and Truth to Your Neighbor
Loving Your Neighbor in the Church
LifeGroups are the best place in the church to learn to love one another.
Loving Your Neighbor in the World
Build relationships of grace before you ask people to believe the truth.
Loving People full of grace and truth is the most Christlike way to love.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Intentional Evangelism/Loving People