LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Who in your family or friend group has the hardest time remembering where they put things?
- We need personal heroes in our faith. Who is someone in your life who has endured as a “faithful follower of Jesus”? How has their example affected your life?
- Pastor Jim challenged us to practice “biblical remembering” as we obey 2 Timothy 2:8 to remember Jesus. This involves 3 acts: recall, reflect and respond. How have you applied this since Sunday? Be specific.
- Pastor Jim also challenged us to apply the muscle memory principle to following Jesus. What’s one action step you could do to begin training for new muscle memory?
- The social stigma to keep quiet as Christians is real. How has persecution (or fear of persecution) silenced your commitment to tell others about Jesus? What is a first step you can take to change that?
- The promises of God are a comfort to His people all throughout the Bible. Which promises of God do you remember in times of difficulty?
“Muscle Memory: How Remembering Makes You Strong”
2 Timothy 2:8-13
1. How to Remember
Recall – retrieving data from our memory
Reflect – thinking and pondering on a memory
Respond – action influenced by recalling and reflecting
Muscle memory is a vital part of discipleship.
2. What to Remember
Remember Jesus Christ
his humanity: birth, life and death
his divinity: resurrection and Lordship
his message: the gospel of salvation
Remember faithful followers of Jesus
Remember the promises of Jesus
Remember the faithfulness of Jesus
As we practice remembering Jesus, it will strengthen us to become more like Jesus.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God