LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being high) do you believe you are currently living a fruitful life? Why or Why Not
- Are you in agreement of what I offered as a basic definition of what it means to live a fruitful life as a follower of Christ? What would you add to that basic definition?
- Of the four points I listed of what it takes to live a fruitful life, which ones are you currently doing in your life? Which ones are you not?
- Do you have plan in place for your spiritual, personal, or “professional” growth?
“Living a Fruitful Life”
John 15: 1 – 8
As a follower of Jesus Christ, what does it mean to live a fruitful life?
• Who we become in Christ and What we accomplish for Christ
I. General Scriptural Support:
• Ephesians 2:10; Philippians 1: 21 – 22; Colossians 1:10; I Thessalonians 2:12
II. A Theology of Rewards
• Romans 14:9-12; 2 Corinthians 5: 9 – 10; I Corinthians 3: 14-15; I Peter 1:17
• Matthew 25 – parable of the talents; 5 Crowns
Let’s be clear:
• Salvation is about God’s work for us, Rewards are about our work for God.
• Works do not affect our redemption, but works do affect our rewards.
• Works don’t establish a relationship, but a relationship does establish works.
III. What It Takes To Live A Fruitful Life?
1. It needs to be intentional
2. It needs to have clear direction
3. It needs to occur from the inside – out
4. It needs to have a mindset of steward
What gift will you give God?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered