Life Group Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Do you believe that God is a “speaking God” and that He stills speaks to people today?
- Do you believe you are able to “hear God?”
- Is there a story or time you can share were you believe God clearly “spoke to you?”
- What do you believe God is currently “speaking to you” ? Why do you think this is what he is saying and how (through what means) did God speak this to you?
- With the 8 ways Ken shared in the teaching – which ones have you experienced of God speaking to you?
Live It Out
Learning to “Hear God,” So We Can Live It Out
Abraham: Genesis 12: 1 – 5
• Faith is Learning to hear God’s Voice, trust in His Character and then RESPOND!
• Faith isn’t faith until its Applied!
A Historical Perspective
• Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP, which implies COMMUNICATION!
8 Ways To Learn and Mature In Our Ability To “Hear God,” So We Can Live It Out.
- Through Prayer
- Through the Written Word
- Through the Illuminated Word
- Through Preaching & Teaching Of The Word
- Through Conversations & Confirming “Coincidences”
- Through Unexpected Internal Impressions
- Through Persistent Internal Impressions
- Through Holy Spirit Impressions others May Have For You
Conclusion: This Week’s “Live It Out” Challenge
Write down and tell your spouse or a friend, what you believe God is saying/emphasizing to you in your life right now. Why do you believe this and How (through what means) do you think you’ve heard this.
Core Christlike Characteristic: Connected To God Through the Word and Prayer/Loving God