LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. As a group pick one color in the room (from a wall, the floor, a candle etc.). See who can come up with the most unique name for that color. (i.e. instead of “light brown” you could say “Autumn Tuscan sandstorm”…yes, that’s a John Jacobs original…don’t steal it).
2. How easy is it for you to relate to God as a Father? What has helped this or made it difficult for you?
3. Spend some time talking about God and Jesus living as Father and Son. What specific traits can we draw from this passage? How can we use this as a model for our parenting?
4. Read 1 John 4:17. How are we “like Jesus” in this world?
5. What is the difference between Jesus being your “number one” and Jesus being your “only one?”
6. As a group discuss the changes you need to make for Jesus to be your “only one.”
7. When was the last time you fell down in worship and adoration for the gift of Jesus? Hey-now’s a good time!
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
“Jesus- the One and Only”
Son– reveals the relationship
One– reveals the value of the Son
Only– reveals the sacrifice required
Gave– reveals the value of you
Jesus doesn’t want to be your number one
He wants to be your only one
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit led Servant