LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- We said in the sermon that Jesus asked over 300 different questions in the Gospels. Does that surprise you? Why do you think Jesus asked so many questions?
- What question do you find yourself asking the most? What question do you find yourself asking yourself the most?
- Have you thought about the question mentioned in the sermon from John 1:38: “what do you want/what are you looking for?” What’s your answer?
- Tell your group of an instance when someone either listened really well or really poorly to you. Do you remember how it made you feel?
- What are the things that make it hard to be a good listener?
- Why is it important to hear both a person’s words and their heart? Can you lovingly listen to someone if you only hear their words?
Life Hacks for Relationships
“Jesus’ Favorite Life Hack”
John 1:38a and Luke 8:18
1. Asking questions helps start and build relationships.
a. Ask questions that help you learn and discover.
b. Ask questions that help you understand and clarify.
c. Don’t ask questions to trap or interrogate.
d. Asking questions well deepens love and intimacy.
2. Listening well helps strengthen relationships.
How we listen is how we love.
Quick to hear their words: attentive listening
Quick to hear their heart: empathetic listening
Listening well includes learning to ask questions.
Learn to love, ask and ponder great questions.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People