LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What is your favorite way to spend time with the people you love?
2. John 3:22 says Jesus “spent some time with” the disciples. What do you think they did?
3. If you could physically spend a day with Jesus, what would you like to do with Him?
4. What are the things that keep us from becoming like Jesus even when we are “spending time with Jesus”?
5. Which example of “noise” that drowns out the voice of Jesus in your life do you most struggle with?
6. What was your first reaction when the challenge to fast for a month was issued in the sermon?
7. What are you hoping will be the result of your fasting for the month of January?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Spending Time With Jesus
1. The only way to become like Jesus is to spend time with Jesus.
You can spend time with Jesus without becoming like Jesus.
2. Becoming like Jesus begins with hearing what He is saying to you.
3. Hearing Jesus requires reducing the “noise” that drowns out His voice.
The noise of other agendas
The noise of busyness
The noise of clutter
The noise of distractions
The noise of desires
4. Fasting reduces the clutter and noise around us so we can hear from God.
Going without food or certain activities in order to focus on God.
Fasting feeds our hunger for God.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God