LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
1. What are your biggest fears?
2. Have you ever been completely debilitated by fear?
3. Read Matthew 14:25-26. How do you think you would have reacted if you thought Jesus was a ghost walking on the water towards you?
4. How does “adversity blind us” and “fear control us”?
5. Why does fear have a tendency to “come back” into our lives?
6. Memorize Psalm 23:4b and/or Isa. 41:10a this week and try to find a way to use the verse to encourage someone else.
7. As you close, pray for each other that we will not be controlled by fear, but be filled with the love and presence of Jesus.
42 Days Without Fear
“Facing Your Fears”
1. Everybody is afraid of something.
2. Everybody’s fears are different.
3. Everybody’s fears have power.
Adversity blinds us; fear controls us.
4. Everybody needs help interrupting their fear.
Jesus interrupts our fear:
a. with His word.
b. with His presence.
“I will fear no evil for You are with me.”
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God