LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Are you living a Christian faith that’s more of a mental belief system or more of an applied faith?
2. What area of the 3 part definition of faith do you struggle with the most:
a. Learning to hear God’s voice/word for your life?
b. Trusting in God’s character?
c. Responding/Acting on what you’ve heard?
3. Do you lean more toward a nominal and “cultural’ Christian or a disciple/apprentice of Jesus?
4. What are you challenges of being an apprentice of Jesus?
5. What’s the one thing (in your life of faith) that you know you need to act on this week?
Live It Out
Establishing The Biblical Principle and Pattern
Abraham: Genesis 12: 1 – 5
1. He Heard
2. He Trusted
3. He Responded
4. He Became
A Working Definition:
• Faith is learning to hear God’s voice, trust in His character and then respond!
• Faith isn’t faith until its applied!
Jesus: Matthew 4: 18 – 22
• A Cultural Christian vs a Disciple of Jesus
• Instruction + Application = Growth
Conclusion: Weekly “Live It Out” Challenge
What’s the one thing (in your life of faith) that you know you need to act on this week?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected To God Through Word and Prayer/Loving God