LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Describe a time in your life when you were facing a set of circumstances where it felt to you like all hope was gone.
- Read Isaiah 40:27-31 out loud. Is this true for you? As a group describe a time when God really came through for you: a provision, healing, a word he gave you or even someone who reached out in a critical moment.
- On Youtube, play the song “You Keep Hope Alive” by Jon Reddick. What themes in this song mean the most to you and how does it speak to your circumstances and the hope we have? Use this song to worshipfully listen and apply the truth we heard in the sermon.
- In what are you tempted to root your identity instead of rooting it in Christ? In other words, do you define your worth and live out of who you are in Christ, finding your security and significance in Him or do you define your worth and live out of your accomplishments, or what you own, or what you do or how much you have or don’t have?
- If we asked your closest friends and family members what you are currently putting your hope in how do you think they would respond? Be honest.
- What are some specific practical ways you can deepen your relationship with Christ? If you’re not sure, ask your group to help you with some practical suggestions.
2 Timothy 1:1
1. Facing circumstances that undermine hope
- Setting of death
- Sentenced to death
- Surrounded by death
2. Finding the secret of unstoppable hope
- Root your identity in Christ
- Entrust your future to Christ
- Deepen your relationship with Christ
Christ is our hope; and Christ is enough.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God