LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What is your favorite kind of fruit (that you eat)?
2. What is the fruit Jesus is talking about in these verses? Give examples.
3. Read John 15:1-5. What are the four levels of fruit bearing in these verses? Which one currently best describes you?
4. How does disobedience hinder the bearing of fruit in our lives?
5. We talked about four ways of staying connected; which one is your favorite? Why? Are any of the four unnecessary? Why or why not?
6. How have you found the statement “loving people well forces us to draw on God’s power” to be true in your life?
7. What is the primary way you are going to work on staying connected to Jesus this week?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Spending Time with Jesus
“Connecting with Jesus”
We spend time with Jesus by staying connected to Him. How?
1. We Stay Connected to Jesus through Prayer
Regularly scheduled time
2. We Stay Connected to Jesus through the Word
Read, Meditate, Memorize, Pray
Ask, Analyze, Apply
3. We Stay Connected to Jesus through Obedience
Obedience deepens love
Obedience opens insight
Obedience brings joy
4. We Stay Connected to Jesus through Loving Others
Loving people well forces us to draw on God’s power.
Staying connected to Jesus is the only way to become more like Jesus.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God