LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Who is the biggest/most prominent dignitary you have ever met?
2. Read Exodus 33:18-34:8. Have you ever prayed or said to God something like “show me your glory”? What were the circumstances?
3. How would you feel if God said “I will meet you tomorrow on top of a mountain?” How would you “get ready”?
4. How would you describe God’s holiness?
5. Read Mary’s song in Luke 1:46-55. How many references to God and his activity do you count in these verses? What do these verses tell us about God’s role in Christmas?
6. Describe a misconception of God you have had and how it has changed.
7. What area in your life do you most need God to be “with you”?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
“Christmas Begins with God”
A simple Christmas starts with soaking in the foundational truths of Christmas.
Christmas is the story of:
God, unapproachable in his holiness
Initiating a saving relationship with sinful people
By taking on flesh and becoming one of us
Christmas is the story of God with us.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People