LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our LIfe
- When was the last time that you lost connectivity to one of your devices? How did you react? What are people like when they can’t connect or get reception?
- How would you describe your connection to the vine, Jesus? How do you navigate the highs and lows of following the Lord?
- Going through the motions was described as one of the hindrances to staying connected to Jesus, do you struggle with that? How do you stop? Should you call out others for doing so? Why was Jesus so against those who merely looked the part, but inside were far from him?
- Have you ever tried to be a “lone ranger” Christian? Why is that impossible? Even so, why do so many people try it? How can you stay connected to those following Christ around you?
- How has God’s word changed you? What are ways that you’ve changed over the last year? Praise God for that growth! Ask him to prune you and clean you!
- Make a plan on how to stay connected this week.
John 15:1-8 (focus on 4-7)
“Can You Hear Me Now?”
How does spiritual growth happen in our lives?
We must stay connected to Jesus v4a
If you don’t, you can’t bear fruit v4b
If you don’t, you will face judgment v6
If you do, you will bear fruit v5
If you do, his words will transform you v7
Spiritual growth happens as we stay connected to the life-giving vine.
Core Christlike Characteristic: Connected to God in word and prayer